PYPES Exhaust

I recently installed a header back "BEAST" kit on my 2000 gt. 2.5 o/r h pipe and 2.5 cat back with 3.0 tips and PYPES Violator mufflers. Is anyone else running this or ran in the past? I like the kit, but i think the mufflers sound to "poppy" Or maybe im not used to what a mod motor sounds like with exhaust. Im thinking of going with a different muffler from them, not sure yet. :shrug: Thanks, MM

• Sponsors (?)

mod motors seem to get poppy when the off road pipes are installed. I doubt you will loose much of the pop by going with a different catback. High flow cats on the other hand seem to do the trick.

Just my $.02

Well the Pypes exhaust is one of the main reasons why it's popping, especially with the O/R pipe. Pypes and the SLP catbacks are very close in build and with the sound they produce. Straight through style mufflers paired with a O/R X can be rather poppy, an O/R H usually helps but not everything. Magnaflow for a straight through I don't believe have been all that bad, or a chambered muffler like Flowmaster is another route. I thought about getting the PYPE exhaust just because it looked like a good kit and a reasonable price, but after I heard sound clips I'm going to pass.