Q: for those with Agent 47 Mirrors

281Ponies

Nov 14, 2003
I installed these yesterday and while doing so had the windows down. Everything went smooth and easy but later after the install was complete I went to let the passenger side window up and it made it about half way before reversing and going back down. It sounds like the window is hitting a bind/tight spot on the way up, stopping and then reversing.

Obviously I have something out of wack... to tight, not aligned correctly or maybe I have one of the 3 retaining studs you transfer over to mount the new housing to the car threaded slightly off and causing a bind somewhere...?

I’m hoping it is not an issue with the molding of the new mirror housing but was wondering if any of you who have these mirrors may have experienced this and had a thought on what to look for first.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The retaining stud closest to the door glass is what caused my problem. When I transferred the 3 studs to the new mirror housing this one was not completely straight and caused the binding against the door glass. It pinched the inner and outer seals together enough against the door glass to cause it not to operate correctly.
It wasn’t off by much at all, at first I didn’t think it was problem but I tweaked that stud and tried it again and that solved the problem.

When doing this appearance mod make sure when transferring the studs you get them straight and flush in the new mirror housings or this could cause the motor for the door glass to fail prematurely due to binding.

Glad you figured out what was wrong and got it taken care of:nice: I had no issues with the windows after the mirror swap. I however did get one of the pass. side screws put in crooked. It was enough that I couldn't get the three studs back through the door holes. That was an easy indicator I had done something wrong and easily corrected.

Good luck klaw if you install them yourself. It is really a fairly simple task when you take your time:nice: The hardest part for me was getting the factory glass removed as I was trying not to brake it or the motor.

I just installed mine yesterday and spent more time fishing a nut out of the door panel than the rest of the swap took. I'd suggest temporarily filling the hole in the door panel by stuffing a shop towel in there. The thing was sitting on top of my door sub taunting me. I followed kooldawgs writeup to the letter except I found a pair of needlenose pliers and a small common screw driver took care of the grommets w/o breaking out the Dremel. Great writeup, it beat the instructions hands down. Thanks.

Yeah, I nearly dropped a nut down the top of the open door panel:eek: The stuffing of a towel there is a great idea! Agent 47's directions were clear, but they needed a little "extra".
Pics wotfr?????????

My install was problematic as I broke the drivers side motor to mirror mount removing the mirror. I fixed it with some Gorilla glue but cringe every time I adjust the mirror.

Other than my mistake the install went well and I have had several comments from stang guys who dig the look!:nice: