Quarter Window Replacement

Horhay25

Apr 9, 2019
San diego
I got a lead on a low mile cobra..original paint..great condition. The car is in great shape albeit a couple issues...

1. Dash has a little fading..
2. Drivers side quarter window moulding is wavy up on the top of the window
3. Passengers side quarter window moulding is faded in spots.

Guy is asking a decent price for this since it has super low miles. VIN history looks great. I think I might be able to address the dash issue, but the Quarter window mouldings are keeping me up at night. I don't understand the waviness of the drivers side moulding..I've seen fading on a BUNCH of foxbodies, but I don't know if Ive ever seen the waviness. Makes me think that one of the two owners tried replacing. I've searched and searched and it doesn't look like there is a clear cut "factory style" solution to these..

Does anyone have any ideas for the quarter window fix?

Appreciate any ideas you have..

• Sponsors (?)

I've seen a couple wavy quarter window seals. Usually, it's from an incorrect previous repair. There are good ones for sale pretty regular on FB. You don't want the remanufactured ones because they won't have the mustang writing on them. It's applied behind the glass and impossible to reproduce on new ones. I wouldn't shy away from it because of a quarter window. They unbolt from the inside. The only way to tell if it's original or not, externally, is whether the script is there or not. There are several ways to repair the trim part. It's made with the glass and just the trim cannot be replaced. They sell trim covers but they look cheap.

A few pictures would help. There are a few people that only deal with real cobras and saleens and will know exactly what to look for.

They look original (based on slight fading and mustang script). It just looked odd, but maybe I havent seen enough of them.. It amazes me that after all these years they don't have a repro with the script. Yes, I wouldn't want to cover or paint the trim, would only want to replace..hmmm...

What sort of repair are you looking for here?

If you search, you can find NOS quarter windows. You’ll pay $1000-1500+ For them, but if this car is investment grade it will be worth it provided you can haggle it down a bit.

Dash can be addressed. Unfortunate NOS dashes are rarer than the windows, so you can either pay good money for a really good used dash, or just use some high quality paint from SEM or others. 1993 was a one year only color, so it will take some time if you go with the replacement dash option. The results should be plenty good for even investment grade. Main issue is disassembling the dash in a way that preserves the OE assembly methods, hardeare etc.

If you just want cheap windows, the LMR reproductions are possible, and then you can get a decal off eBay.

7203B935-FC18-4C5E-B935-CC2B0A917EA5.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
matt @foxresto can refurbish your existing ones for about $700 or so I believe.
So i found this thread in a search, just happens to be from a couple days ago.
I had pre sale email from 11/18/20 that i kept for early access for being on the wait list for the foxresto quarter window refurbishment.
Today is the random day i decided i was going to truly consider it.
Well, links are all dead from the emails and i find no signs of quarter window work on their site.
Unless i'm blind or stupid, could be either...

So i found this thread in a search, just happens to be from a couple days ago.
I had pre sale email from 11/18/20 that i kept for early access for being on the wait list for the foxresto quarter window refurbishment.
Today is the random day i decided i was going to truly consider it.
Well, links are all dead from the emails and i find no signs of quarter window work on their site.
Unless i'm blind or stupid, could be either...
I looked as well. They might not be doing them anymore or at this time. I thought about contacting them in regards to it.

There were a bunch of issues with the people that were doing the windows. Some people didn't get their windows back for almost a year. Some folks didn't get them back at all. It was a great idea but I don't think they were prepared for how much work they would get. I hate seeing small businesses make the mistake of demand being way more than they can handle and not pulling the reigns before crap hits the fan.

There were a bunch of issues with the people that were doing the windows. Some people didn't get their windows back for almost a year. Some folks didn't get them back at all. It was a great idea but I don't think they were prepared for how much work they would get. I hate seeing small businesses make the mistake of demand being way more than they can handle and not pulling the reigns before crap hits the fan.
You may be confused with another company that didn't return quarter glass, I have notes on that guy I can dig up tomorrow, I do know the turnaround time on Foxresto got long but I can't imagine them stiffing anybody,

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
You may be confused with another company that didn't return quarter glass, I have notes on that guy I can dig up tomorrow, I do know the turnaround time on Foxresto got long but I can't imagine them stiffing anybody,

Yeah I may have them confused. I thought it was only one company actually doing them. Maybe there are two.

The suspect company was Teamvisionz Racing out of Kansas,
i did some poking around a couple years ago and they left quite a few customers hanging including a member here,
I sniff around once in a while looking for any signs of the owners resurfacing but nothing so far.

Teamvisionz Racing was the company that was doing the windows and bit off more than they could chew with a ton of complaints on Bookface.

They were pushing 1 year turn-around for windows, and then decided to do a 1/2 off promo and got even more work piled onto them. Eventually they stopped talking orders. Tons of complaints on losing windows and the turn-around time.

The guys who did get their windows did post pics and they looked great.

I know Fox Resto was doing them as well. Every time i watched one of Gearhead704's video's on Youtube where they were in the shop, the shelves were FULL of windows waiting to be done. I think they have discontinued the service however as I no longer see it advertised.

Teamvisionz Racing was the company that was doing the windows and bit off more than they could chew with a ton of complaints on Bookface.

They were pushing 1 year turn-around for windows, and then decided to do a 1/2 off promo and got even more work piled onto them. Eventually they stopped talking orders. Tons of complaints on losing windows and the turn-around time.

The guys who did get their windows did post pics and they looked great.

I know Fox Resto was doing them as well. Every time i watched one of Gearhead704's video's on Youtube where they were in the shop, the shelves were FULL of windows waiting to be done. I think they have discontinued the service however as I no longer see it advertised.
They did stop the service for now. I have a set of the team visions on my car . I didn’t initially pay to have them done and ended up with them because my buddy bought a set and sent them to fox resto because he thought he’d never see his windows again at team visions and then one day boom they showed up.

They are nice but nothing like fox restos.

They did stop the service for now. I have a set of the team visions on my car . I didn’t initially pay to have them done and ended up with them because my buddy bought a set and sent them to fox resto because he thought he’d never see his windows again at team visions and then one day boom they showed up.

They are nice but nothing like fox restos.
When did he receive the windows from teamvisions?

I had to hire a guy to go and get my windows back for me from TeamNOvision. He stiffed MANY people. I paid him almost $200 to do my windows, paid over $100 to ship to him, Paid a good guy named Josh Popper (2 years later) who drove to Kansas to get my windows back, and then paid almost another $100 to ship them back to me. They arrived in the same condition they were in when I sent them Had ZERO work done to them. My biggest issue was the guy was a liar. he would put out update videos and he named me BY NAME saying my windows were about to be shipped and were DONE. Absolute 100% lie. he probably crapped his pants when Josh showed up and got a lot of our windows back.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users