Quest for throttle response...

Skud

Sep 10, 2003
Saskatchewan
I don't know if it's normal, but I find my GT to rev really slowly. For example, if I'm at idle and I "blip" the throttle, the car doesn't really "stumble" but it doesn't really rev either. It may work it's way to around 1,200rpm and that's it.. It will also shake a little.

My question is: What can I do to get better throttle response?

Thoughts?

Thanks!!
Riley

• Sponsors (?)

The reason I got thinking about this is because I was driving my friend's BMW 550 and it has the SMG transmission.

I down shifted and it automatically rev-matched in like .2 seconds.. The RPMs shot from 2000 to 4000 faster than I could blink..

I realize it's a BMW, but it's not too much to ask is it? I think an engine like the 4.6 can do it too..

Riley

you could always get a kenne bell for a little more response:D

See now that's the ultimate goal. Does it actually give a lot more response? I would have thought the blower wouldn't be spinning fast enough at idle to make much of a difference? Not to mention that you have to spin the blower on top of a heavy flywheel..

Anyone with a KB have any vids of them "blipping" the throttle at idle?

Thanks!!
Riley

75mm BBK TB/P, K&N FIPII, Performance tune will get you a nice throttle reponse oh! and if you add 2 1/2' BasaniX system to it will sound good at the same time.:nice:

Rev down is slow on these engines though, there is mod that a few people on here did a while back so maybe you could have a look through the forum posts for the threads.