Question about a cobra i'm looking at, PICS

Hey guys, i've had a foxbody for the last 4 years and i just sold it so i'm looking into a 5.0 cobra. Figured this is the best place to get some info and ask questions. I found one that i really like, black/black 95, only mods are catback/shifter, though it had a blower on it that was just pulled off. It has 70k miles and 01 chrome cobra rims. He started at 10k and i told him that wasn't gonna happen, then he said 8700 so i said we could talk from there once i go see it. I'm curious what you guys think i should offer. Also, you guy have any good negociating tactics? I had a bad experience a couple years ago and i think it has left me a little timid. And of course, you want pics of the car, so here they are....

31476.jpg

31477.jpg

31478.jpg

31482.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

looks pretty clean. $8700 sounds a little too high to me.

when i negotiate i will look over the car and find defects--oil leaks, tire wear, clunks etc... get an estimatefor the repairs and start the neg from that.

last cobra i looked at the guy was asking $7k. the car had a leaking rear main that saturated the clutch--of course he never mad mention of that--so i said $6700 and i'll drive it home today. he declined, i went home without the car and 6 months later it was listed back in autotrader for $6500.

Yea thats what i was thinking, but from the description, this car is as clean as they come. My biggest issue is that blue book is like 7300. I know he wont take that and i dont wanna lowball him since i think thats kinda insulting.

As for your story, i can't believe someone who was asking 7k wouldn't take 6700, thats amazing.

BaXTeR3221 said:
Yea thats what i was thinking, but from the description, this car is as clean as they come. My biggest issue is that blue book is like 7300. I know he wont take that and i dont wanna lowball him since i think thats kinda insulting.

As for your story, i can't believe someone who was asking 7k wouldn't take 6700, thats amazing.

i don't like lowballing folks either, and i hate it when people do it to me.

70k miles is kinda low and last time i was looking anything under 100k was a bit higher.

i would do a compression test at the very least.

whitesnake1994 said:
ya that sounds a bit high. i got mine for 6200 but the paint was pretty bad and it had a few things that needed to be fixed, it had 79k. and you have to be worried, if he had a blower on that car i am willing to bet he didnt baby it.. :shrug:

as a person who has a blower car... i gaurantee it wasnt babied. you paid for boost and gotta use your foot to reap the rewards of it.

Thats a good point about the oil lines, i didn't think of that. It had a kb on it, it was taken off basically because i didn't have the money to buy the car with it on and i dont really want a blown DD, at least not at this point. I guess i need to find out more about the blower, how it was tuned etc.

Bluebook schmubook. Means jack crap. If you like it go for it, if you don't then don't. Cobras sell for more than that all the time. Drive it and see what you think. I'm in the used car, parts, service, and salvage business, and when I sell a used car if someone tries to lowball me it's their loss. Just see how stern he is on the price, if you wave the cash he might budge even more. I agree with the others though in that if it was previously a blower car, he had no reson to do it other than to romp on it. Looks very very clean though.

Just went back through my emails with him, he said the blower had only been on for 1k miles. Still need to find out how it was tuned. Car has never been driven in rain/snow according to him.

nik_95cobra, sent you a PM.

edit: your box is full, can you empty it a little please.

Car looks like it was well taken care of, minus the blower...:D
Nice interior, paint, and the motor looks mint...thats worth extra to me..

Price seems fair to me....I would pay that no problem for something well taken care of and looks the original....Does he have the stock rims for it??? I would prefer them over what's on it...

BaXTeR3221 said:
I'm fairly certain he doesn't have the stock rims, i dont really care for the ones on there either, i would go with 18's. Guess i'll go with cash and see whats what.

Good luck to ya....:nice: Looks like a sweet ride...You won't have a problem selling those....lotta people after that type..
I'd throw some 18" chrome Saleen's on that bad boy...specially a Black car...

That car is very clean.....as far as negotiating goes...I had a friend tell me one time that if you don't offend the person you didn't go low enough.....but like you I have had a problem with low balling someone......I guess it all depends on how bad you want it....at times I have been an impulse buyer and paid a little much for something............it would be nice if you had the cash.......it always speaks louder.....good luck