Question about DiabloSport chip

01CobraSVT85

Dec 4, 2009
I bought a 2001 mustang cobra, and the guy I bought it from said it has a DiabloSport chip installed. My question is: what tuner do I need to purchase in order to do additional tunes if I were to buy anymore aftermarket performance parts that require a tune?

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet 01CobraSVT85 and congrats on the new-to-you SVT. :cheers:

What mods does your '01 already have? :shrug:

Did the previous owner have that Diablosport chip burned/dyno-tuned for those mods? Do you know if that chip was a Diablosport "Delta" chip btw?

What mods/aftermarket performance parts do you plan on adding?

It *may* be beneficial to just have your existing chip re-tweaked and/or dynotuned at a speedshop instead of going with a handheld tuner....I think the answer to your question will depend on how much "more" you plan on modding the car (ie - are you making significant changes, such as plans for forced induction? etc).

Take a look inside your passenger side kick panel to see what kind of chip you have. It might not be a bad idea to then check the Diablosport website too. Maybe there is some info on their site about that specific chip...?

Thank you for a very detailed response. I just got my cobra and I have CAI, and could only afford to do half my exaust from the stock cats back. I plan on completing my exaust, with O/r X pipe into BBK long tube headers, also upgraded TB. I would also love to save up my moey and get a Kenne bell supercharger down the road... also maybe stage III cams, with some ported heads. I have the original packaging from my diablo chip, all it says is DiabloSport chip? I will open my passenger side kick panel to confirm. So let me get this straight, if I do any aftermarket purchases, I then have to take it to a speed shop and get my chip adjusted? Thats seems more of a pain in the butt, than to have a hand held tuner. P.S. how much does it cost to take a car in and have a tune at a speed shop?