Question About M2300K Brake kit

• Thread starter Deleted member 87397
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 87397

While I'm rebuilding my rearend and rear suspension I've decided that I'm going to do the M2300K Brake Kit. I'm going to be running 31 Spline axles though and I'm wondering if I order standard fox 5 lug 31 spline axles if I will have to do anything special or have any clearance issues installing the kit. Also is there a difference between axles for drum brakes and axles for discs? Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

the mk2300 kit uses 94/95 mustang axles which are .75" longer per side the stock. you can use north race car brackets to work with stock length axles. i have heard one of two people say that the moser axles and some disk seem to have some minor fitment issues, but a few minutes on a lathe makes them fit, but this is purely hearsay. depending on what wheels you want to run will determine which axles you should use. i wet with stock length axles because i had to in order to run the wheels i wanted.

Thanks. That's what I wanted to know. I'll surely be running stock fox length axles cuz I'm going to need every bit of room for wheels and tires.

Thanks for all the input NOVA. If I have to tweak the brake lines a bit to compensate for the length I think I can manage. As long as I can get the setup the way I want it I don't mind a bit of extra work.

if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a pm or something.

if this is goin on an 86, just go ahead and massage the shock tower and slot 3 of the of 4 booster bolt holes.