question about repinning eec.

Green 94 5.0

Founding Member
Mar 25, 2002
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
the reason im repinning the eec has nothing to do with our cars (im doing a mass air conversion in a speed density fox), but does anyone have any tips, or is there a special way to remove and reinsert the pins into the harness? i could neither get the pins i need to move out of the harness, or get the pins i needed to add all the way down into the clip. i need to get this done tomorrow, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Did you remove the red lock clip in the center of the connector? If not, you can't get the pins out. Use a small pocket screwdriver or a pick and pry the red lock out working from one end to the other, then you can get to the keeper for the terminal out of the way with a pick, hold it out of the way, and pull the wire out of the connector.

No need to feel bad man. NO ONE knows everything. And if they say they do, they're WRONG. We're all here to help each other. Good luck and if you have any more questions shoot me an email or a pm, I've done this approx. 6 or 7 times and have encountered almost every problem.

No such thing as a speed density MAF guy. He's switching a speed density equipped car (86-88) to a m.a.f. car. Reads the incoming air all the time vs. making predetermined changes from the computer on the t.p. voltage. Very crude system that won't accept any major changes such as heads, cam, intake without causing big headaches.