Question for Silver/Gray Mustang owners

snaggeltooth

Feb 4, 2009
Alabama
Well .. how do you like your car color .. good news Bad news .. any certain things to look out for .. I see a lot of great deals for the Silver colored cars .. I have never had one and hear they fade faster .. Any impute will be appreciated ...:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 2007 Satin Silver Mustang and I think it looks great. No fading yet or have heard of that issue. I like it because when its dirty its harder to see then a black car. I had an 89 black car and it was harder to keep looking clean. One issue is that car dings in the front bumper are easy to see since the bumper is black underneath but I think that would be an issue on any light car.

Silver is best if you don't like to wash your car often. You can let it go for months and hardly tell it's dirty, lol. I prefer vapor or mineral grey, as they have a bit more character than your standard "satin silver".

I have the tungsten grey. When it is dirty it looks good, when it's clean it looks awesome. I don't have stripes, but I think they look great with this color. Only color for me.
Doc

See the plan is for a Bullitt .. but if I cant find one or cant get a good deal.. I notice a lot of Grays and silvers with low prices and good miles .. I know I dont want a Red or a Black .. So looking for something different

light silver is such an easy color to hide paint defects, and dirt hides pretty well too.

i would recommend silver for someone who isn't as anal about their car being clean as most stangers.

the only flaw, like darkfire said, its a pretty bland color. some people dig it, but its a personal preference. i enjoy the darker silvers like the dark shadow gray, i like black, blue, and metallic colors, cars that really pop when you get em clean. silver, i clean em, and look back at my work and think, wow, it doesn't look, THAT much difference. haha.

I just got the "Brilliant Silver" and think it looks great. I have an 09 thats 2 weeks old now, so I couldn't tell ya about fading :)

now my only problem is what color strips to get for it :) I think I'm going all black on the strips and trim.... :)

My 08 is Alloy Metallic with Silver Metallic Stripes. Not too bad when dirty..way easier to keep clean than my Black 01. Looks mean when clean! The sparkles form the metallic make all the difference to me.