Question On Installing An E303 Cam

ratio411

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2002
Pensacola FL
I was reading some posts about the B303, and people were saying that it ran best installed 4* advanced.

Has anyone compared the E303 and how it runs straight up vs advanced/retarded?

I am looking for facts/experience with the E303 specifically, not so much theory.

The engine is a fresh 306 with Edelbrock RPM (170) heads, and a factory SN95 Cobra (GT40) intake and 24# injectors. Currently auto trans, but that will change in a few months. 4.10 gears.

Brand new E303... 1.7 roller rockers.
Bama 3 stage tuner.

We are shooting for 300 streetable rwhp.

I normally install cams straight up, but if there is research to show different, I'm game.
The car is NOT raced, but just a nice street machine that is used daily.
Off road exhaust and headers.
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

If you use the E cam like I did, (probably would have went TFS Stage 1 if I had recently built my motor). I had called Ford Racing to get their advice on installation. They told me straight up for a 5 speed car and 4 degrees advanced for an automatic car.

Reactions: 1 user
If you use the E cam like I did, (probably would have went TFS Stage 1 if I had recently built my motor). I had called Ford Racing to get their advice on installation. They told me straight up for a 5 speed car and 4 degrees advanced for an automatic car.
Thanks. That helps.
Now I just have to decide if I want to advance it since it will be running with an auto trans for the next 6-8 months.