Question On Lowering My 06 Gt And Caster Camber Plate...

Phils85SVO

Sep 26, 2016
Hello Everyone!

I need some input here. About 2 years ago, I lowered my 06 GT with some SR Performance springs from American Muscle. I also bought the matching caster camber plate kit with the springs, which drop the over all ride height around an inch, maybe a little more.

I had the car aligned, but as of late, there is a lot of clunking coming from the front end, and it isn't the sway bar end links or ball joints as both have been replaced already. My question is if I decided to remove the CC plates and use the GT500 strut mounts in conjunction with the strut camber adjustment bolt kit, would that be enough to get my camber back to normal with the lowering springs I have on the car? I am pretty sure it is the spherical bearings that are making the clunking noise...

Thoughts? Btw, the car has never been wrecked..

Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

The camber bolts should be all you need. I had an 08 with eibach pro-kit and had no problem with an alignment. You may check the sway bar bushings. Sometimes they make a similar noise. Even if they look fine, sometimes they tend to dry-rot around the area where the bracket wraps around them.