Quick spark plug wire question

ACSPONY

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 10, 2004
Ohio
Quick spark plug wire question and vacuum hose Q

I've done all 8 plug wires, and the wire to the distributor but I have one left over. Is this for the starter or does it go somewhere else?

2w2h75y.jpg

The other question is about some vacuum line connections. These snapped while working on the car in the winter..

I think the taped off line goes where I've drawn it with the red line, but what about the line I circled?
hs8dag.jpg

And I think I pulled something loose while working on the car, where does the line from this valve(?) go?
5dq7gw.jpg

This is where I have it hooked up behind the vacuum tree:
2ue4jy8.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

in the 2nd pic. that line should go to the back of the intake manifold or to the EGR valve. see which one that has a broken vac. line

the 3rd and 4th pic. that line is supposed to go in the vacuum tree. looks like you have a screw in the hole the line is suppose to go in to.

Its goes through the vac tree and connects to one of the vac control valves on the passenger side strut tower. Pretty sure if you see the 2 valves next to each other while looking down. its the one on the right towards the engine

Ah, the EGR on the TB. The manifold is off on a table so I didn't think of that but that makes sense. Maybe the other hose (from the air bypass valve) was never hooked up then, I didn't put that screw in the vacuum tree.

So the black plastic line I have the hose going onto should be in the vacuum tree, and the black rubber hose should go on the other side of the tree where the screw is?

EDIT: I think based on these pictures from another thread what I posted above is where the lines should go:
AIRvacuumhose2.jpg

AIRPUMPEGRVaccumTeetointakemanifold.jpg

Yeah the TAD and TAB come from behind the strut tower. When you say come through the tree, the tree is on the driver side so it doesn't come through it. There is a little line the runs on the FW towards the passenger side, but I don't remember if that line connects to the TAD and TAB. I ripped my stuff off a long time ago.

Okay maybe tree is the wrong terminology. There are vacuum lines that come into a 4x4 block by the passenger strut tower. I'm trying to figure out how these run into and out of that block. It's in that second picture I posted.