• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Quick upholstery question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Great68
  • Start date Start date Feb 6, 2004

Great68

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
691
0
16
Victoria BC
Feb 6, 2004
#1
  • Feb 6, 2004
  • #1
I've done the reupholstery of my rear bench seat and now I'm working on the front buckets. It looks like I will have to make holes in the new upholstery for the seat latches.
How do you guys recommend doing this? Simply poking a hole through with a nail or something?

I was thinking that if I heated up a nail and pushed it through it would make a nice clean hole.
 

Frankies65

Founding Member
Oct 10, 2001
275
0
17
Bucks County PA
Feb 6, 2004
#2
  • Feb 6, 2004
  • #2
Great68 said:
I've done the reupholstery of my rear bench seat and now I'm working on the front buckets. It looks like I will have to make holes in the new upholstery for the seat latches.
How do you guys recommend doing this? Simply poking a hole through with a nail or something?

I was thinking that if I heated up a nail and pushed it through it would make a nice clean hole.
Click to expand...

Just poke it through with an awl once the covers are in place.

Frank
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Paint and Body Rotten moon roof trim
  • Teen'93stang5.0
  • Apr 14, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
187
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 15, 2026
Teen'93stang5.0
Radio, Speaker Upgrades
  • TripleYellow
  • Apr 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
185
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 24, 2026
TripleYellow
J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
220
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
328
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
D
Brakes 1966 Mustang convertible 289, Auto - Disc brake conversion issues
  • DRGunn427
  • Feb 26, 2025
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
5
Views
771
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jul 23, 2026
All Stock93
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?