Quick yes/no question about FRPP exhaust....

• Sponsors (?)

If you're talking about the canister style ones, yes, they are the same. They drone quite a bit, but they sound good, if you can deal with the drone. Otherwise, the FRPP GTA's sound great and don't drone. They're just not as loud.

If you're talking about the canister style ones, yes, they are the same. They drone quite a bit, but they sound good, if you can deal with the drone. Otherwise, the FRPP GTA's sound great and don't drone. They're just not as loud.

Drone doesnt bother me, my other stang is a 94 cobra with 2 chamber flows O/R H and long tubes so i doubt it will be that bad, thanks. :D

I know the the FRPP and Borla mufflers are the same (except for the tip diameter).

The Ford version has a rather cheesy "embossed" logo on the tip, if I recall. Do the Borla versions have an embossing, or an etching for their logo? Or nothing at all? I know it says "Borla" on the cannister....

Thanks.

I have that GT5 Ford Racing exhaust on my '08. Yes, the mufflers are Borla built. I like the sound, but hate the way the tips fit. I had the shop trim the pipes so the mufflers could be pushed forward as much as possible before they hit the exhaust hanger mounts and the tips still stick out too far for my liking.

I'm gonna buy something different as soon as I get my rear gears and driveshaft. For now I will live with it, but I think tips sticking out 1.5-2.0" past the rear cover is too much. Plus, they hang too low.

My two cents....

Brandon

I've got the Ford Racing stingers on a stock H-pipe. They droned a bit at first but they seemed to have broken in and don't drone at all anymore. They sound awesome but I wish they were a bit louder sometimes.

Any big difference going form the GT exhaust w/polished tips to the 5Gt exhaust (stingerz)

i have the 2008 FRPP catalog in front of me and the 5GT exhaust is listed at $549 so for getting them online for $399 is a good price.

Does anyone know how mounting will be on 2007+ americanmuscle.com says they changed the rubber in the hangers half way through 2007 and you have to get new hangers? if you want to change out the exhaust??

Does anyone know how mounting will be on 2007+ americanmuscle.com says they changed the rubber in the hangers half way through 2007 and you have to get new hangers? if you want to change out the exhaust??

I've looked at the ones they have pictured on their site. They look exactly like the ones on my car. That being said... I've had one HELL of a time trying to get the Borla Stingers to line up and NOT rattle/clunk going over expansion joints in the Hwy. :mad: After about a month, two different shops, and countless hours over my buddies garage (his has a lift and mine doesn't) I think I've sorted most of the problems out. I have a slight clunk going over huge bumps, but I'm pretty sure I know where it's hitting and am going to be adressing that tomorrow.

I've looked at the ones they have pictured on their site. They look exactly like the ones on my car. That being said... I've had one HELL of a time trying to get the Borla Stingers to line up and NOT rattle/clunk going over expansion joints in the Hwy. :mad: After about a month, two different shops, and countless hours over my buddies garage (his has a lift and mine doesn't) I think I've sorted most of the problems out. I have a slight clunk going over huge bumps, but I'm pretty sure I know where it's hitting and am going to be adressing that tomorrow.

Yep i know what you talkin about... Its on the driver side. If you look up in there you will see a black plate where the rear most hanger is hitting on the corner. Just take a punch and a ball peen hammer. With a swift jab up and knock it up about a 1/4-1/2" and no more noise. Fixed it right up redneck shade tree mechanic style. :D

Thanks, but we already hacked that part of the hanger off so no issue there anymore!

The main issue was the over-axel pipe hitting the Pan Hard Bar Brace. After readjusting the ENTIRE exhaust from the manifolds back we got it. Now my pass side is adjusted up alittle too high as it's hitting the hanger itself on big bumps... back under the car tomorrow.