racing stripes done

fartingchicken

Sep 11, 2007
I spent a good chunk of the day putting white 12 inch stripes, and white "Mustang GT" door stripes on my red Mustang. I used Baltimore Mods 3M stripes. It was laborious, but came out okay. I ended up with occasional ripples, but they aren't noticable from afar.
Problems: It was really hard to figure out what stripes were for the front, as well as the rear spoiler. I wasn't sure how the appliques actually worked. I had to guess that the top part would be peeled off. Well, it did, revealing vinyl stripes. I used liberal spray and rubbed and squeegeed out the bubbles.
A hair dryer was indispensable in getting the stripes to dry, go over corners, and work out irregularities.

• Sponsors (?)

I'll try to get those pictures up soon (if I don't get booted for being a smartypants on a different post).
The problem with pics now is that the car is dirty. You can't really wash it for a month!

I'll try to get those pictures up soon (if I don't get booted for being a smartypants on a different post).
The problem with pics now is that the car is dirty. You can't really wash it for a month!

Trust me fc, there are times I wish I was only a member. A couple of the members here, who have been a part of this site since the S197 forum was started, can attest to the fact that this is my second tenure as a moderator. I left once over differences in business model, rules and enforcement. I came back for the fellas and because I was asked. :nice:

There are not many women that can moderate and participate at the level I do. I am proud of the job I do and most the gentlemen on here appreciate and respect me (some consider me the bane of their existence, but that is okay too :p ). I have a fine line to walk and can appreciate your smartypants input because I have walked both sides of the fence. :D

I love this site and I truly appreciate these folks that are like my invisible, dysfunctional third family. Soooooooooooooooooooo welcome to the family fartingchicken. :flag:

picture

Sorry, it's not a great picture, but I had to work late and it was cloudy.
My smarty answer was to putting a link to a competitors site that showed how to make a homemade car ramp. Like I said there, I have a shooting bulletin board. I told my guys that there would be no board without them and just me there. It is their board as much as mine, and what we post is for the betterment of the sport, not because I have some ego needing strokes, or to outdo the "competition".

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/TonyHarkin/images%20website/P9170001.jpg

Fixed:nice:

Sorry, it's not a great picture, but I had to work late and it was cloudy.
P9170001.jpg

Attachments

• P9170001.jpg
    P9170001.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 83
not many women that can moderate and participate at the level I do. I am proud of the job I do and most the gentlemen on here appreciate and respect me (some consider me the bane of their existence, but that is okay too ). I have a fine line to walk and can appreciate your smartypants input because I have walked both sides of the fence.

awhhhhh Jenn, you're #1 here - and everyone knows it - :hail2:

now go get us some beer ........ ....... please :p