• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Radiator leaking...

  • Thread starter Thread starter scupking
  • Start date Start date Jun 5, 2009

scupking

Active Member
Sep 18, 2005
1,186
1
36
Enfield, CT
Jun 5, 2009
#1
  • Jun 5, 2009
  • #1
Had a transmission cooler put on and notice my radiator is now leaking from the old connectors.

View attachment 255281

View attachment 255282

This is what my builder said.
"There is a metal housing inside of that radiator tank which the trans fluid runs through. It came loose from the plastic part when I unscrewed them. It may not seal back up. You can take off the fittings one at a time, seal up the threads and the back of the nuts to where it touches the radiator. Make sure you clean off the radiator so it gets a good seal. Use Hi temp RTV. If not and you don't want to tackle it I have a good radiator that I will put in for you if you would like, no charge."

Should I just have him put in another radiator? I think it's from a manual transmission so no extra connectors like where mines leaking from.
 

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Jun 6, 2009
#2
  • Jun 6, 2009
  • #2
If he is doing it for free, why not?
 

scupking

Active Member
Sep 18, 2005
1,186
1
36
Enfield, CT
Jun 6, 2009
#3
  • Jun 6, 2009
  • #3
COramprat said:
If he is doing it for free, why not?
Click to expand...

Yeah I think that's what I'm going to do. He said the one he will swap in is from a 2001 cobra with 24k on the Radiator.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

I
2000 GT Mustang - Transmission Cooler to Radiator o-rings
  • Iwarrior
  • Oct 4, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
188
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Oct 4, 2025
Iwarrior
I
L
Car has been overheating. Not sure what is causing it. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Luckysgirl
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
202
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 2, 2026
Luckysgirl
L
A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
18
Views
581
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Sunday at 4:40 PM
manicmechanic007
O
8.8 Pinion Nut Leak
  • OX1
  • Jan 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
15
Views
956
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 5, 2026
OX1
O
C
C4 trans help needed
  • CPH89LX
  • Apr 26, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
304
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 28, 2026
CPH89LX
C
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?