Raleigh, NC dyno and tune?

• Sponsors (?)

I've heard good things about Fastlane Motorsports in Benson. It's a little bit of a hike from Raleigh though but they are mainly a Mustang shop. There is also a newer performance shop in Raleigh called Piedmont Custom Motorsports but I don't think they have a dyno. It seems like most of the performance shops around are geared towards computer tunes for newer cars. Good luck!

You may want to put in a call to Steve Ashworth Performance in Fuquay Varina. I don't think he has a dyno at his shop, but I'm sure he could refer you to a good place. I've had some work done there and they are very knowledgable.

True true. If you know what you're doing you can just use their dyno for the pulls and do the tune yourself, or bring someone who does know. Hopefully they wouldn't be jerks seeing a Mustang in the shop.
I would be willing to bet that if you called them, they wouldn't bat an eyelash at it being a Mustang. At most, they might have to order a module for the car that is compatible with their tuning equipment (Diablo or SCT for instance, input your favorite brand here). Seriously, tuner and dynos do not care who made the car. If your money is green, the Camaro shop doesn't care if you roll in there with a Mustang.

Last edited: