• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Ran at the Track!

  • Thread starter Thread starter 01_redfire_GT
  • Start date Start date Apr 24, 2010
0

01_redfire_GT

New Member
Apr 8, 2010
5
0
0
Apr 24, 2010
#1
  • Apr 24, 2010
  • #1
For those of you who live in San Diego you know how bad the track is at Racelegal.

Nevertheless, I had a lot of fun last night. The track is only an 1/8 mile track. They were putting me up against AWD cars which was kind of frustrating. I raced a WRX and he got me off the line but once I finally hooked I was catching quick but not quick enough to win, if it was a 1/4 mile he would have been toast. Another race that kind of impressed me was when I went up against a new Evo and once I hooked he didn't pull away. The distance between he and I was the same until the end!

Then came the race with the 350z. He had intake, full race exhaust, and was tuned and my little Mustang pulled off the win by .3 of a second!

Last races were against a late model Silverado with a 6.2 LS3 swap. We were neck and neck the entire way although I mustered to win all three races with less than .1 of second all three times.

Anyways, everyone including AWD cars have traction issues here... I kept getting sideways in 2nd... LOL My best 60 ft was a 2.5 but my trap speeds were ranging from 82-84 MPH and my best time was a a high 9.5 basically a 9.6... Kind of disappointed about the times but everyone has issues there.
 
B

BannonJr

Member
Aug 12, 2006
215
0
16
St.Lazare Quebec
Apr 24, 2010
#2
  • Apr 24, 2010
  • #2
Well sounds like you had fun! That's the most important!
 

trombonedemon

Well-Known Member
Jun 25, 2009
1,962
39
59
U.S.A, U.S.A., U.S.A.!
Apr 24, 2010
#3
  • Apr 24, 2010
  • #3
You give us Mustang owners new hope!
 

sneaky98gt

10 Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
2,387
144
114
NC State University
Apr 24, 2010
#4
  • Apr 24, 2010
  • #4
01_redfire_GT said:
My best 60 ft was a 2.5 but my trap speeds were ranging from 82-84 MPH and my best time was a a high 9.5 basically a 9.6...
Click to expand...

Dang! What were y'all racing on? Wet pavement? lol. I went today, was trapping 84-85 and running 8.5-8.6. Sounds like your track sucks, and I hate it for you. Sounds like you had fun though. I went today, and had a very similar experience as far as kills goes as well. I'm bout to go start a thread bout it and my new times.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
213
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
394
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
M
Progress Thread mnky99 2001 V6 evap core, ac compressor, heater core replacement
  • mnky99
  • Sep 5, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
634
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 5, 2025
mnky99
M
J
2004 Mustang 3.8L V6 vibrations above 65 MPH and differential leaks
  • joeybuddy96
  • Mar 16, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
832
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Aug 29, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
343
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?