ran my best time last night/made ass of myself

drunkinamustang

Apr 2, 2004
tx
ran a 9.33 on my first pass, spinning not bad but the nitto where squillin,(last time I ran a 9.36 hooked up great, shot outta the whole but it was frst time at the track, and I wasnt takin it to 6)so I wanted to hit 9.20. so I parked the car and let it sit for a while, well make a long story short, I still get nervous at the line, and stalled out with :shrug: .55 reaction time :bang: , I was so embarassed I had to leave. I still get steamed about it, i never stalled out once in my car.

drunkinamustang

• Sponsors (?)

Stalling ain't that big a deal, I've seen much worse. Staging with the rear wheels, not going anywhere when the green light comes on, etc, etc. Mostly from the ricer kiddies. I once raced a late 90's Camaro that let the rear end come out, and instead of lifting he just went ahead and did a cookie. :nonono: I watched a local Mustang guy get a 6.0 second RT once :rlaugh:.

So there are many more embarassing things you could be doing than stalling once. Just don't make it a habit...

I would deffenetly say breaking is a little more embarrassing then stalling along with trying to stage with the rear tires... Have done both :lol: (Didn't get completely staged but it was pretty bad.)

Pushing my car off the track was three times as bad.. (broken axel) Holding up the lines and thinking in your head that all the chevy and ricers guys are laughing at you. (I figure that was all right because i had waxed them the few times before)

Sounds like you gave it enough to break the beams, hince the .550 reaction time.

I saw about 5 people stage with the rear tires at the track tuesday. 2 ta's and some honda's.

Its not as embarassing as getting beat by a motorswapped 4cyl. Like me. I got like a .019 reaction time with a 2.28 60'. h started late but pulled to a 14.2 at like 105-6 i believe. My friends were laughing there asses off. But I redeemed myself later when I didn't get one wheel peel in the burnout box and got my best time ever.

HairyCanary said:
Stalling ain't that big a deal, I've seen much worse. Staging with the rear wheels, not going anywhere when the green light comes on, etc, etc. Mostly from the ricer kiddies. I once raced a late 90's Camaro that let the rear end come out, and instead of lifting he just went ahead and did a cookie. :nonono: I watched a local Mustang guy get a 6.0 second RT once :rlaugh:.

So there are many more embarassing things you could be doing than stalling once. Just don't make it a habit...

I got a 6.6 60 once due to a mess up in the lights

If you are stalling on nittos you are launching like a little girl :D

i staged with back wheels once. guy in other lane did it first, i just pulled even with him. and then after getting yelled at by the guy to back up, i then proceded to red light it. that was pretty bad. just remember *stuff* happens, now u know what u did wrong and it won't happen again...right....RIGHT!