ran my car

ok so i ran my car at cecil county maryland.

the car
stock motor with headers
flowmasters
5spd
VERY VERY BAD CLUTCH!!!

this is how the time slip read

R/T ------- .333
60' - ------ 2.02
330- ------ 5.96
1/8- ------ 9.19
1000'- -------11.97
1/4- ------- 14.32
MPH- ---------96.23

im pretty happy seeings how the clutch..................isnt there, and all i did was add headers. new clutch tomorrow.!!! new times next weekend. o and i got ten runs in drove i home which is an hour away, and im still driving it. this was last friday! i love this car!!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

thats a nice 1/8 time i have several add ons and my best 1/8 time ever is a 8.80 on a street tire. im saving now for M/T street radials to try and get a better grip im really hoping for an 8.5 or better

Damn, dude ... that's pretty good. :nice:

I gotta wonder, though: What year is your notch? What kind of tires? Are you still running the stock H-pipe? Ignition timing set at what? Any weight reduction? What elevation is the track at? What temperature? :shrug:

The more I see everyone else's times, the more I feel like a total chump for running a 15.0 @ 98 MPH at Firebird in my notch (elevation 1,200 feet, around 100*F). :(

I gotta wonder, though: What year is your notch? What kind of tires? Are you still running the stock H-pipe? Ignition timing set at what? Any weight reduction? What elevation is the track at? What temperature? :shrug:

The more I see everyone else's times, the more I feel like a total chump for running a 15.0 @ 98 MPH at Firebird in my notch (elevation 1,200 feet, around 100*F). :(

well theres your problem your racing in hot weather. not good. the notch is a 88, stock h-pipe is long gone. not 100 % sure what the timing is set at. cause i never checked it lol. no wait reduction and its at sea level. and its was 58*

well theres your problem your racing in hot weather. not good. the notch is a 88, stock h-pipe is long gone. not 100 % sure what the timing is set at. cause i never checked it lol. no wait reduction and its at sea level. and its was 58*

Not like we've got a whole lotta choice in the matter here in AZ. We have two seasons: Hot and HELL. :(

haha yeah AZ is a hott bastard. it's about 71* here in oklahoma!

not a bad time at all lilbluenotch! some gears will dip you decently into the 13's. with just an H pipe, mufflers and 4.10's i ran a 13.7@99. before the gears i was running 14.2-14.4s.

No chumpage, 15's at the core temp of the sun is :nice:- bring it up here, brother, we'll choke a 14.30 out of it at Route 66, 47 degrees today!

Is that on street tires or slicks? My car was stuck at 14.20s for a long time on street tires...first time out on drag radials with no experience driving on them it went 13.90 and then 13.70 still spinning. It should've been 13.50s easy with a better 60 than a 2.0. If you're still on street tires you should look into getting some good rubber (after you get a clutch of course).

You should be running better than a 15@98mph. My 95 with aode ran a [email protected], and I'm pretty sure my tranny was starting on it's way out then. You should be a mid 14 easy with that trap speed, you must have had a lot of wheel spin in 1st and 2nd, huh? Look at lilblue, 14.3@96

Good 1/8 mile time for sure!!! Im runnin Mickey Thompson drag radials and LOVE em, but with a few more bolt-ons and a cobra intake I was runnin the same 1/8 times you are. With Mickey Ts I went from 9.1-9.2s to 8.7-8.8s!!!
Matt