RANT!!! Modular Mustang Racing.

RubberEater

Jun 18, 2005
Screwed up my order and refuse to pay to fix it. I have the wrong motor in my garage and they won’t pay to fix it. So pretty much they said screw off. They said the engine I got was what I told them, which it WAS NOT the specs I told them... They denied everything I said, one of the guys actually said "he never makes mistakes" because apparently he’s not human.... The one who said that also screwed up on my oil pump order, and 3 weeks later I called them and they said that the order didn’t exist....

• Sponsors (?)

Contact the BBB.... they will take care of you. Same story with my brother swapping motors in his Vette with JEGS. They sent him the wrong motor, he had a guy install it and didnt realize it wouldnt clear the stock hood, until after it was in.

Jegs didnt want to budge until BBB stepped in. He got it all straightened out.

bigcat said:
Why would I make it up?

Contact the BBB.... they will take care of you. Same story with my brother swapping motors in his Vette with JEGS. They sent him the wrong motor, he had a guy install it and didnt realize it wouldnt clear the stock hood, until after it was in.

Jegs didnt want to budge until BBB stepped in. He got it all straightened out.
What is BBB?

I had a bad experience with MMR... theyve kinda turned into a unit mover and their customer service blows... they have no time for the small guy... even though they only deal with individual customers... : shrug:

DropTopPony said:
every company F's up eventually. Its how they deal with it that makes or brakes their reputation.

Couldn't of said it better myself.

RubberEater
Screwed up my order and refuse to pay to fix it. I have the wrong motor in my garage and they won’t pay to fix it. So pretty much they said screw off. They said the engine I got was what I told them, which it WAS NOT the specs I told them... They denied everything I said, one of the guys actually said "he never makes mistakes" because apparently he’s not human.... The one who said that also screwed up on my oil pump order, and 3 weeks later I called them and they said that the order didn’t exist....

Sorry to hear about that RubberEater. Hopfully they will straighten it out for you.

http://forums.************.com/showthread.php?t=84718 Put m o d u l a r d e p o t in for **'s Look at MMR's response!!! They claimed I changed the compression 3 times! That is a complete lie!!! I called said I wanted 11.8-1 they said that would be considered a custom pistion but 12-1 would not cost extra... I said ok lets go with that. NEVER once did I call them back to change my order.... I cannot believe MMR its ran by complete devious people.

this is what they wrote if you dont wanna click the link...
MMR prides itself on customer service and is the #1 Modular engine supplier and #1 in quality in the country. Our customers are of utmost importance and sometimes mistakes are made, either by the customer or by the manufacturer. When this engine was ordered the customer changed his mind on the pistons 3 times, he was listening to his tuner (which is not a problem and we always suggest this), he called back multiple times and finally settled on dished piston setting the compression ratio at 9.5 compression with his PI heads, the order was completed and shipped over 2 months ago!

So what happened, in the meantime (OVER 2 MONTHS) the customer changed his mind about what he was doing with the car tells our General Manger that he sold his Supercharger and decides 2 months after he received the shortblock that he is going to do something else!!

What did we do: We tell the customer no problem, we will take good care of him and he can return the motor to MMR , all he has to do is pay the shipping to us, we tell him we will upgrade the piston to the one he NOW wants for the regular upgrade charge and charge him nothing to change them, rebalance the motor and ship it back to him also for NO CHARGE, and even after reading this slanderous post we will still honor this.

The lesson here, the customer is always right, but slandering a hard working honest company for that own persons mistake is ridiculous, we work very hard at MMR to please our customers, produce an excellent product at a great price and ship within a timely manner, we appreciate our customers like no other company and stand behind all of our work and transactions.

Mark Luton
Owner/CEO
Modular Mustang Racing

Well, it looks like today is the day when the other side of the story comes out again! We will not reply to this post again, because it simply is silly, it takes away from helping other customers and people that deserve our help. We hate to get defensive but when people simply lie it is just aggravating.

dave281sc: We have sold over 500 pans, you are the first person to say our pan doesnt fit and to top it all off, it sure had a lot of oil in it for a pan that was never installed!! And the powdercoating would chip of off anything that was installed with a sledge hammer and a pry bar LOL!!

So we tell this customer send it back and when we receive it we will inspect it and then give a refund , we get the oil pan back and it still has alot of oil in it, the powdercoating is all chipped off and the pan has multiple dents, it was obvious that the customer either didnt remove the k-member to install the pan or tried to install the engine and did not have the correct engine angle.

So, the question to the viewers of this silly he said she said, my mom said thread: What would you have done if you sold a new oil pan on ebay (for example) and you got it back, it was dented to hell, the powder coating was chipped off and it had oil in it?? I am sure most of you would have done what we did.

We are done with this thread, we have engines to build and customers to take care of. We appreciate those that came on here in our defense and are always here to help. Keep up the great work Modular depot and its members and let us know how we can help.

MMR Sales
www.modularmustangracing.com

During the (2 mounth time) as they claim I was waiting 3 weeks for the heads to come back from the machine shop, and waiting on my machanic who lives in another state to find some time off to come down.... I never once agreed to dished pistons (stock compression) or even brought it up. I had just sold my blower so I could go all motor, so I would not by any means want a low compression engine.

Also they say they were going to fix it if i paid for shipping it was pay for shipping $250 or whatever and pay another $250 for flat top pistons which at the time were the same price as the dished pistons.. I shouldnt have to pay for anything for their errors.