Rattle can paint recommendations

• Sponsors (?)

In my limited automotive paint experience paint cracks or 'spider webs' on painted metal parts is likely paint that is too thick, I would sand it down to the factory primer if possible, some take it down to bare metal then apply etching primer, when removing the paint don't over heat the metal skin, it is thin and can warp.
JMO.
I was also thinking of the long, heavy hood on the 99 Mustang - that you have to prop the hood open, then drop the heavy hood down to latch it, sometimes twice - whether that greatly effects the paint with that constant flex and shock of doing that -

I got a Fuji two stage turbine sprayer from amazon, and that will do a nice job on a hood. I painted a Jeep almost perfect. It will cost you almost five hundred.
I have always wanted a place to work on my car and do stuff like that - have lived in a mobile home park with parents, then my condo for so many years - was looking in to how expensive to rent a storage place to work on a car - outrageously expensive in So Cal -

I was also thinking of the long, heavy hood on the 99 Mustang - that you have to prop the hood open, then drop the heavy hood down to latch it, sometimes twice - whether that greatly effects the paint with that constant flex and shock of doing that -
I would recommend adjusting the latch correctly and setting the hood down carefully and applying closing force with both hands flat on the front of the hood.

[Dropping] the hood is how you close up a military vehicle. :O_o:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6oKA1DgiBg&ab_channel=HollywoodHornet

Hung the housing from my Engine puller ( Cherry picker) scuffed it , touched up any light sanding spots, then gave it another coat of the Rust Oleum... I remember Rust Oleum when I was a VERY impatient kid.... Instructions say to let dry for 48 hours before sanding......
Anyways its coming along.... Garage is full so my last unfinished room in my FOREVER remodel is a great work area.... LOL
Good thing I have no wife, but Bentley says its OK........
DSCF0479.JPG
DSCF0957.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

You shouldn' have to do that. You can adjust the latch up a tad so it catches easier. On my 2003 GT that i purchases new, you just had to let the hood down to about 4-6" away from close and let it drop once and it would catch.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
You shouldn' have to do that. You can adjust the latch up a tad so it catches easier. On my 2003 GT that i purchases new, you just had to let the hood down to about 4-6" away from close and let it drop once and it would catch.
And every time the hood is dropped hard, the latch might move down a little.
:doh:
Time to make an adjustment.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user