Rattle can paint recommendations

I was also thinking of the long, heavy hood on the 99 Mustang - that you have to prop the hood open, then drop the heavy hood down to latch it, sometimes twice - whether that greatly effects the paint with that constant flex and shock of doing that -

I got a Fuji two stage turbine sprayer from amazon, and that will do a nice job on a hood. I painted a Jeep almost perfect. It will cost you almost five hundred.
I have always wanted a place to work on my car and do stuff like that - have lived in a mobile home park with parents, then my condo for so many years - was looking in to how expensive to rent a storage place to work on a car - outrageously expensive in So Cal -

I was also thinking of the long, heavy hood on the 99 Mustang - that you have to prop the hood open, then drop the heavy hood down to latch it, sometimes twice - whether that greatly effects the paint with that constant flex and shock of doing that -
I would recommend adjusting the latch correctly and setting the hood down carefully and applying closing force with both hands flat on the front of the hood.

[Dropping] the hood is how you close up a military vehicle.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6oKA1DgiBg&ab_channel=HollywoodHornet

Hung the housing from my Engine puller ( Cherry picker) scuffed it , touched up any light sanding spots, then gave it another coat of the Rust Oleum... I remember Rust Oleum when I was a VERY impatient kid.... Instructions say to let dry for 48 hours before sanding......
Anyways its coming along.... Garage is full so my last unfinished room in my FOREVER remodel is a great work area.... LOL
Good thing I have no wife, but Bentley says its OK........

Reactions: 1 users

You shouldn' have to do that. You can adjust the latch up a tad so it catches easier. On my 2003 GT that i purchases new, you just had to let the hood down to about 4-6" away from close and let it drop once and it would catch.

Reactions: 1 user
You shouldn' have to do that. You can adjust the latch up a tad so it catches easier. On my 2003 GT that i purchases new, you just had to let the hood down to about 4-6" away from close and let it drop once and it would catch.
And every time the hood is dropped hard, the latch might move down a little.

Time to make an adjustment.

Reactions: 1 user