Rattle Noise

I have a strange rattle coming from my vehicle on acceleration. Its a FI V8 with 101,000 miles on it. I recently changed te oil and filter as well as added a quart of fluid to the transmission while it was operating temperature. I put in 4 quarts of syntetic oil in the engine as well as a quart of lucas synthetic oil stabilizer. The filter I used is a fram. I next I changed the rear differential seal and added 2 quarts of ger oil in the rear end. The fluid is a little below the drain plug level. Also put a new filter in.

Since doing this I get a strange rattle on fast acceleration. There is no rattle during idle or slow acceleration. Once the speed lvels the sound also dissappears. The noise appears to be coming from the front area of the vehicle but can;'t tellfor sure since it only does it while moving.

I would describe the sound as similar to that of a spray can rattle, but I can't hear very well. Its is very metallic sounding. There was no noise before I serviced the vehicle so I am at a loss as to what this could be. Any help would be very much appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Yep Detonation. Maybe you bumped the distributor during maintenance. What octane of gasoline are you using? Try to use as high as you can find which is usually 93 in most cases and occasionally 94 if you're really lucky.