• Mustang Forums
  • Special Production

Roush Rear bumper

  • Thread starter Thread starter AP1995V6
  • Start date Start date Jun 15, 2007

AP1995V6

Member
Jul 13, 2003
547
1
16
Oxford, MS
Jun 15, 2007
#1
  • Jun 15, 2007
  • #1
I remember seeing a thread on here awhile back about this but I can't seem to find it.

What is the rear bumper zip tied to in order to keep it from sagging on the 94-98 cars?

If anyone happens to have a picture, that'd be great.
 

FASN8N

Member
Nov 16, 2004
517
0
17
Atlanta, GA
Jun 16, 2007
#2
  • Jun 16, 2007
  • #2
Zip tied to the gas tank straps
 

AP1995V6

Member
Jul 13, 2003
547
1
16
Oxford, MS
Jun 16, 2007
#3
  • Jun 16, 2007
  • #3
That's what I thought. Thanks, man.
 

AP1995V6

Member
Jul 13, 2003
547
1
16
Oxford, MS
Jun 24, 2007
#4
  • Jun 24, 2007
  • #4
I'm going to secure my rear bumper, and I was wondering if anyone has any photos or an accurate description of where the holes are in the bumper to loop the zip ties through?

I want to make sure I get it right the first time so my bumper doesn't look like swiss cheese... assuming saleen used good judgement in their placement of the holes
 

marcus95

Active Member
Jan 26, 2004
2,133
0
46
California
Jun 25, 2007
#5
  • Jun 25, 2007
  • #5
If you have a real 94-98 rear bumper it's obvious where there are only two places on the bottom of the bumper. Saleen used black zipties that are just about 3/4 of an inch wide and just like the man said earlier hoop over both of the fuel tank straps. The best way to see them is if your bumper is installed, it will be obvious where the ties go because they line up right on top of the straps.
 

AP1995V6

Member
Jul 13, 2003
547
1
16
Oxford, MS
Jun 25, 2007
#6
  • Jun 25, 2007
  • #6
It's a 94-98 bumper. There are no premolded holes though.

I was only able to grab some 50lb zip ties. I hope they hold for awhile
 

Metalcop

Active Member
Jun 6, 2004
148
1
28
New Hampshire
Jun 27, 2007
#7
  • Jun 27, 2007
  • #7
Gotta love a car that is held together with zip ties and double sided tape!!
 

AP1995V6

Member
Jul 13, 2003
547
1
16
Oxford, MS
Jun 27, 2007
#8
  • Jun 27, 2007
  • #8
I got them on. Too bad the paint on my bumper is already cracked from it flapping around. I need a few gas tank shield now. Mine is nasty looking and can see it well since the bumper isn't sagging.
 

FASN8N

Member
Nov 16, 2004
517
0
17
Atlanta, GA
Jun 27, 2007
#9
  • Jun 27, 2007
  • #9
AP1995V6 said:
I got them on. Too bad the paint on my bumper is already cracked from it flapping around. I need a few gas tank shield now. Mine is nasty looking and can see it well since the bumper isn't sagging.
Click to expand...

Clean the gas tank cover with some Dow Scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner and then apply some of this
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-58-in-out-spray.aspx
or this from Adams
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-101-vrt-vinyl-rubber-tire-dressing-12oz.aspx
Should be as good as new
 

AP1995V6

Member
Jul 13, 2003
547
1
16
Oxford, MS
Jun 27, 2007
#10
  • Jun 27, 2007
  • #10
Awesome. I'll give that a try.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

P
rear Impact absorbers.
  • Praetorious
  • May 4, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
189
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 5, 2026
Praetorious
P
S
Brakes 80 Mustang 4.2 rear chassis brake line for 5 lug conversion!
  • StangPowerLSX510
  • Aug 6, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
133
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 9, 2026
limp
G
Fox Tire Size for 16" Pony Wheels on 1984 LX Convertible
  • gw7
  • Jun 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
179
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 25, 2026
Qtrhrse23
S
Front bumper repair - part identification
  • Smurf20
  • Oct 24, 2025
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
2
Views
383
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk Nov 3, 2025
RobertWill31
R
Alternator not charging
  • SchwarzStock
  • Jul 6, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
169
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 19, 2026
SchwarzStock
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • Special Production
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?