Rear differential covers.

Dark Knight GT

I can't get it up......ok that didn't sound right.
May 26, 2003
Ozark, Missouri
I'm need a rear differential cover for my 01 GT. The guy who's doing my gear, axle, differential, etc. install told me it would be a good idea to get a newer and stronger one over the stocker. Question is, which one should I get and where can I get it the cheapest at ? I've heard nasty rumours about people having clearance issues with the Ford racing one. I know Mac has one out but I question its quality. I also know T&A has one but I dont know much about it. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I just swapped mine because I was leaking differential fluid, i just replaced it with the stocker. that was 47 bucks from ford. Now I also am not rebuilding my rearend like you. Not sure why you would need to get a stronger cover though.

I know when I replaced mine I looked at the higher quality SVT ones and aftermarket ones, and it was anywhere between 125-175$, not worthit if you ask me.

Dark Knight GT said:
Hmm. Glad to hear you like the Mac. Where did you buy it if you dont mind me asking?

Don't mind at all. I believe I ordered it from here on Partshopper - it was about a year and a half ago - $129 and they I think they had a free shipping deal going on.

Jay

I've bought a Trickflow cover and also have a SVO cover for my '99GT. Both were of excellent quality but the SVO girdle was substantially thicker. Both covers will do the job and in the process will end up bashing the leading edge of your spare tire tray when accelerating hard. I chose the SVO cover. Cost if between 125-175 for these covers. Enjoy!

Dave

cracula69 said:
I've bought a Trickflow cover and also have a SVO cover for my '99GT. Both were of excellent quality but the SVO girdle was substantially thicker. Both covers will do the job and in the process will end up bashing the leading edge of your spare tire tray when accelerating hard. I chose the SVO cover. Cost if between 125-175 for these covers. Enjoy!

Dave

That bashing is what worries me. Thanks for the post and all the information.

I've got a Trick Flow one. Excellent quality piece that came with ARP studs as well for that price from Summitracing. One thing to note about this cover is that although it has a drain plug, it doesn't have a fill plug. Wasn't a big deal for me because you have to take out the regular fill plug anyway to get the level right. See pic for how it looked just after install.

523851_12_full.jpg