Rear seats in a 2000 Convertible

• Sponsors (?)

This sounds a little Gahay....but i ended up going to "Joann Fabrics" which is sort of like a "michaels" (if any of you have one near by you) and purchased pleather to match my charcoal interior. I then glued the pleather to the back of my seat to cover the foam and the metal which gives the seat its shape and support. i unfastened the bolts holding the seat in place and put rubber sleeves from "Lowes" where the bolts used to be so the seat stays in place while going over bumps. I mainly did it for sound with the subs so they can breathe better, but in the summer when the top is down it sort of looks like a 2 seater with no seat in the back. also... the little pouch in the back that the vert top stores into is held up with 2 elastic bands so when you are in the car, you can see right through to the trunk which is where my amp and subs are displayed....sounds cheesy but it actually looks great!! :nice: The best part is, the seat goes back up in place with the seat belts still functioning as easily as it comes down. ill get pics on my lunch break if someone can help post them!!

HardcoreSTANG13 said:
No. The motor for the Top is there and if you have the Mach 460 the amps are there.

You are absolutely correct....that is the only draw back. To spiff it up i had a red 15" street glow going from amp to amp (which was recently broken due to trying to haul an office desk home from Office Max) so not as much attention was directed to the amps or the hydralic pump. also....I had to remove a piece of molding that was blocking the view of the amp/pump from the trunk because it vibrated REALLY bad when the radio was cranked up.