• Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All

Rear Speakers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Acid7711
  • Start date Start date Sep 13, 2005
A

Acid7711

Member
Sep 4, 2005
41
0
6
TN
Sep 13, 2005
#1
  • Sep 13, 2005
  • #1
I've been lookin around here and other forums and really not been able to find any direct answer to this question. I have an 89 GT convertible. I've gotten the dash and the door speakers installed fine with no problems. The rear speakers on there are another story. I've managed to pull off the pannel, but the speakers look like they're rivited on from the front or something? I've also heard you can "shove" 6x9's in place of the stock ones (I think they are 6.5"?). If anyone has any ideas on how to get them out, I'd be a huge help. I'm sure it's really easy and I'm just being stupid and missing something.

Thanks in advance!
 
R

Red2000GT

Founding Member
Sep 10, 2000
2,450
0
46
Regina,Sask.Canada
Oct 5, 2005
#2
  • Oct 5, 2005
  • #2
You'll have to drill out the rivets,just use a slightly smaller drill bit than the rivet and they'll fall right out. I don't think you can fit 6x9's in the convertible's,yes in the hatchback's and coupe's,though they don't bolt in perfectly.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Radio, Speaker Upgrades
  • TripleYellow
  • Apr 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
186
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 24, 2026
TripleYellow
P
Interior and Upholstery Door Speakers- found suggestion to go component, not coaxial
  • pindude80
  • Apr 21, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
13
Views
2K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 28, 2025
Mindseye007
Engine Obstinate Pilot Bearing removal
  • FastDriver
  • Feb 12, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
40
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Feb 22, 2026
manicmechanic007
G
Gen3 Coyote Motor Swap into 2014 GT
  • GTman14
  • Apr 2, 2025
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
629
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Apr 4, 2025
Noobz347
89 LX Electrical Troubles
  • fun331
  • Oct 25, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
406
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Nov 27, 2025
fun331
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?