Rear window for vert won't go up! HELP!

Window went part down and then I pushed up button...nothing....down...and it was at 3/4 down....tried to go up....NOPE.....

I was going to have my wife pull up on the window itself while I pushed the up button.....but ooopps!!! pushed the down button and down it went...all the way....

So.. window was able to go down but not up....

Do I have a button problem or a motor issue or what?
Again...this is my passenger rear qtr window on my 94 convertible...

help... its raining here in oregon!!!
Bruce

• Sponsors (?)

If the window went down at the usual speed, it's likely a button issue. You can probably go to your local auto store and get a replacement switch panel - I believe the 'verts use the same switches as other 4-door Fords.

I have a passenger switch that fails intermittently - the window just won't roll down, but it will roll up.

I've got the same problem dude

and it's not the motor, rather the switch is bunk. Until you can purchase the needed parts, just carry a small flat head with you. Jimmy it around a bit and it will work as a temporary fix. Help this helps you

James
94 GT VERT AODE
Ported stock intake, 4.10's, shift kit, Granatelli MAF, BBK 70mm TB, 14*, BBK adj fpr, 2 chamber flows, BBK O/R H pipe, BBK underdrive pulleys, MSD 6A, Walbro 190 pump, k&n with silencer removed, sub-frame connectors, fan switch mod, 160* tstat , weight reduction

Same thing happened to me. For a temporary fix, I swapped the wires around so that it didn't go down very easy, but came up every time.

Then when I had more time, I cleaned the switch really good with some electronics cleaner from Radio Shack. It worked like a charm.

vert power switch blues

UPDATE: Looks like it is the switch. If I push the button about 200 times it will randomly send a signal to go up....so slowly I got the window up.

How do I replace the switch? Do I have to replace the whole "box"?
It doesn't look like it has a plug...Do I have to cut the wires?

Bruce

I believe each of the switches can be pried up out of the base, which is where the wiring is hooked up into. At least, that's the way the coupes work. You should be able to get a generic set of switches at your local hardware store - I believe my local Pep Boys has some. Check their section with all the wiring harnesses and STOP! replacement parts.

Do I have to cut the switch panel wires?

Chythar said:
I believe each of the switches can be pried up out of the base, which is where the wiring is hooked up into. At least, that's the way the coupes work. You should be able to get a generic set of switches at your local hardware store - I believe my local Pep Boys has some. Check their section with all the wiring harnesses and STOP! replacement parts.

Well my switch cannot be pried up. I have a 98 also and I looked and you CAN pry that switch off.....Does anyone know how to replace this switch in my 94 GT Vert? Do I have to cut the wires?

mikeflys1 said:
Take out the plastic piece its attached to and remove the two screws that hold it.

and then if you look at the switch from the side, you'll see that it is two pieces that can be pried apart. One piece will have the wires going into the bottom of it, and the other piece will have the push switches on top of it.

One simple thing you might want to try is just make sure the two pieces are pressed tightly together. Mine started to come apart and would not make proper contact for the passenger rear window up.

Also try the electronics cleaner as mentioned aboved

Dave