So by installing this how much stronger is the rearend? http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=TFS-8510100&N=0&autoview=sku looks like it's a cut and dry install? Anyone installed these if so was it easy anything to look out for when doing so? peace
john
john
AllFordPerf
New Member
loud 95
New Member
The girdle is nice insurance, once you have swapped in race axles and a better diff. It is more necessary on a car with an aluminum casing. Having said that, I have one on my '95 (it is the Trick Flow brace). If you plan to run DR's or slicks, you will be glad you have braced the caps on your diff! (just ask Beenstroked about that) The install is easy. Just make sure you use the right fluids and friction modifier for your respective differential.
loud 95
New Member
time only said:Check the torque spec on those 2 adjustment bolts,you don't wants to ruin the bearing.
He'll get it right....assuming he reads the directions.
I have moser axles and the rearend is all new and fresh. I am running slicks also. peaceloud 95 said:The girdle is nice insurance, once you have swapped in race axles and a better diff. It is more necessary on a car with an aluminum casing. Having said that, I have one on my '95 (it is the Trick Flow brace). If you plan to run DR's or slicks, you will be glad you have braced the caps on your diff! (just ask Beenstroked about that) The install is easy. Just make sure you use the right fluids and friction modifier for your respective differential.
john
Yep from what i have gathered that is really the only weak point here is the one that is being ordered tonight! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TA-P...056222035QQcategoryZ33731QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem then i'll try it out next weekend? How bout you? I'm installing my bottle this weeknd/week. peaceDNA DOA said:Haaaaaaaa! I have one so you must get one too.
john
Click on this link for a breif history of the product http://www.taperformance.com/tagirdle.htm peace
john
john
So how was the fit and the apperance of the product? Notice any diffrence with it verses without it when launching? peacejoekd said:I have the TA performance one on my GT, the drain and fill holes alone make it worth the money, the girdles are just some free insurance
john
yello05
New Member
SMOKEDYA said:Notice any diffrence with it verses without it when launching?
You are kidding, right?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 121
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 111
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 363
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 292