Rebuild motor or coyote swap

Timothyeg

Aug 23, 2020
Sayre pa
Hi everyone.I want to do something different other than have the stock 2 valve engine.I don't know if i want to supercharge.Engine has light ticking with lifter I think,but runs good otherwise.I was thinking about rebuilding this one and putting the top end kit in it by trick flow. Also thinking about a coyote swap but that is crazy expensive!What could I do to where I could gain some good hp but not drain my bank account. I know many options leave you spending money either way.Any good opinions wo uh ld be helpful.It would have to be done over the winter over time because I couldn't come up with all the money at once to do it.I may be able to get the coyote engine that would be pushing it.Any ideas would be very appreciated!

If you want to stay NA, I'd go Coyote; the engines are getting cheaper, and I've seen swaps done around $6k. If boost is an option, a mild rebuild (stock crank, Gen 2 Coyote rods, basic forged pistons) of that 2V with a power adder (On3 Turbo, Torktech or Vortech Supercharger) will take you further than the TFS head kit, for about the same price.