Roush recaro question

footnfan

Apr 1, 2005
Florida
Actually two questions!

Does anyone know what model recaro's were installed in the 95 and 96 s351 cars? My guess would be the LS model but I would like to be sure.

Secondly, what model Recaro was installed in the 98-2000 s351 cars?

Oh, does anyone have a line on either set of either versions that are for sale? Fabric is not important as I will probably recover them anyway.

Thank you.

Happy Friday.

Dan C

1998 s531
1995 s351 ...on the way from "up north"
1991 GHP coupe
1991 7 up vert
1992 red coupe dragster...for sale!
And a couple of old school relics...

• Sponsors (?)

Dan,

The early seats like what are in your 95 are the LXF seat. Of course the best part is the louvre headrests that are NLA. Impossible to get, I even offered someone I knew at Recaro a while back to special them for me at whatever cost and they said "NO"!

The seats in the newer cars are called the "Trend". They can still be had also, but you need to have an upholster guy emroider the center section of the seat. Thos guys are adime a dozen.

Dan, PM me and I'll get prices for you.

footnfan said:
Actually two questions!
Does anyone know what model recaro's were installed in the 95 and 96 s351 cars? My guess would be the LS model but I would like to be sure.

Secondly, what model Recaro was installed in the 98-2000 s351 cars?

Oh, does anyone have a line on either set of either versions that are for sale? Fabric is not important as I will probably recover them anyway.

Dan C

You mean a set of these seats that happen to be seating in my garage :D

attachment.php

Remember, we Saleen owners hoard parts whenever we find them for special occasions. :D

Yikes

Man. Those are beauties. I would assume that they are destined for the '99?
If not, pls shoot up a flair for me to see.

My greater interest is in finding a set of leather seats for the '95 s351 that I just purchased. Any help finding such a set or a donor set that I can recover would be appreciated.

Nice seats! You had better have good garage value insurance. I recently visited a fellow in NV. that had a garage full of shelby and original Cobra parts. The garage was worth 5 times what the house was worth! And the house was pretty nice!

Dan

footnfan said:
Man. Those are beauties. I would assume that they are destined for the '99?
If not, pls shoot up a flair for me to see.

My greater interest is in finding a set of leather seats for the '95 s351 that I just purchased. Any help finding such a set or a donor set that I can recover would be appreciated.

Dan

These seats were destined to go into the 95 and the "LXF" seats out of the 95 were going to go into my 85 when I finally get around to resurrectng it. However, IMO the "LXF" seats are more comfortable then the newer "Trend" seats. If someone came across another set of "LXF" seats (cloth or leather), I would be willing to trade the seats pictured above for the "LXF" seats plus a little cash......About a year ago, I found a set of LXF seats for a grand and passed on them and that was one of the dumbest things I could have ever done :nonono:

I also see you picked up those Magnesium Wheels off of ebay last week. I had my eyes on them too. I did check with the seller and he assured me that there was nothing wrong with them other then the surface blemishes. Any wheel shop can refinish them for you, nice pick-up...great price :nice:

S351R"Animal" said:
Anyone have a rear recaro seat cover like people were selling on ebay a year or two ago?

Scott, good luck finding a rear set. Mark had a set awhile back but it was for a convertible. You may have to go with a rear seat deletion look until you can come across a set. Have you tried contacting Recaro to see if they will even make you a new set??? Just a thought.

Also, do you have an extra set of lug nuts for those mag wheels or a spare set of center caps??? Can't seem to track down a complete set of either one :( I do have half of each though