red racing stripes

5literstang

Apr 15, 2003
Clark, NJ
i am thinking about this alot, do u guys think it will look good on a black car with black rims? also anyone have any pics of a black car with red stripes? and where do i get racing stripes? do i have to get them painted on, or are they stick on ones or something, thanks -Jeff

• Sponsors (?)

i think you can look around for vinal stripes online. If you find actual vinal racing stripes find out their dimensions and go to a wholeseller of that kind of vinal. Paint would probably be better but more expensive.

i've always been a fan of stripes (mostly on vipers though) anyways i think it would look pretty cool, as long as you have other red stuff too- like interior or under the hood, maybe red calipers

yea i was thinking about either red or silver, but since i am my theme is goin to red and black i thought red would look cool, cuz i'm gettin a brembo brake kit with red calipers and my "R" center cap is red, nad i'm getttin the red inserts for the back, but if someone has pics please post em, thanks

I hate red interiors. It makes me think I should dress like a pimp everytime I get out of my car. JMO

Ask 1105 about his stripes. I can't remember if they are painted or vinal.

Don't over do the whole red/black combo. Everytime I see a multicolor interior I think gaudy. If the colors are both dark then it's not an issue. But when you have a black/rio red interior it would really stand out. But painting the calipers & bumper letter inserts are ok by me!

Painted stripes look much better up close. But they are extremely permanent, which means $$$ if you don't like them. Vinal is much easier to remove.
Scott

17yrOldStanger said:
i think 1105 has painted stripes.
:stupid:

I painted them on at the same time I repainted my car. Wasnt hard to do at all and I would recomend getting them painted on than vinal stickers :notnice: The middle red piece is 3" wide, and the stripes are 11" wide so you can get an idea of what size you want to go with. What you could do is just wetsand the whole car, lay the tape for the stripes, spray that then get the whole car re-cleared and it'll look :nice:
finished02.jpg

i'm goin with 8 inch stripes with 1 inch in between them. i'm jsut goin to go with the vinyl stripes, cuz some where way down the road i will be repainting the whole car along with new hood and bumper, but i want to keep the sleeper look for now but want the red stripes, thanks everyone but does ne one have pics of a black car with red stripes?

I like the silver idea alot on black cars and I think red would look great too.

Hey 1105 how much did that cost? I need some spots hit in clear anyway as my clear is getting thin in some spots but the base is good. I am very interested in the route you took.

On a side note a guy I worked with made some stripes out of magnetic pieces for his s10, they were out of very large sheets (the soft flex kind) and just held on, he would take them off to wash it and put them back on. He had them on it for years looked ok from far and not too bad from close, they looked like the decals up close. I mean if you want to check out diff. colors and stuff along with spacing and size that might be a cheaper way to play, then get the ones you want painted on.