relocating fuse box in fender, need some advice

mikeyd111879

Feb 18, 2004
so, i just moved my battery into the trunk , now id like to hide as much as possible. Ive seen the fuse box relocated into the fender but never read up or could even find anything on how to do it. I just came back inside from staring at it and see that its basically the front wire harness, clips to headlights, mass air, few more plugs inside driver side fender , etc. not too bad. looks like I might need to extend what seems like the power to the alternator and something else that has about 6 to 8 wires in it that goes to another plug , its really short, comes off driver side coil harness behind power steering tank and is only like 6 inches long and plugs into the main harness. ... im guessing this, unplug all plugs and completely remove front harness , then mount fuse box inside fender and work my way out running the harness behind headlight brackets and back over to the passenger side and run the rest of those wires inside the passenger side fender. only having to extend the wires that bolt up to the side of the fuse box and a small plug harness that is located under fuse box.
if someone has done this before and this sounds like the right way, please let me know and im going to roll with it. if theres another way or any other ideas or tricks or other wires i can hide please let me know. if this is a bunch of rambling and i should leave everything where it is, you can let me know that too :O_o: 96 GT vert.

• Sponsors (?)