Remote Start In 2012 Base

• Sponsors (?)

Crutchfield probably has a wealth of information about what systems work and how to install them. I'm sure there's going to need to be some additional parts purchased, so you can bypass the factory installed anti-theft, too.

I have all teh equipment was just hoping for detailed wire locations and such every forum i have ever been on had write ups on various thing here just have not seen it as much

...of a technical nature. Yeah... I could see that. Every remote ignition I've ever installed (3 of em) have been pretty specific. They generally contain a one size fits all description of the procedure and then either sections or a chart indicating wires colors for various makes and models. So far, I don't think anyone has felt the task difficult enough to need to republish those instructions on the forum.

Once you get yours done though... You can be the first! :nice:

Sorry if it has been asked. I have used search to no no end and cannot find any information if anyone has links to detailed write ups on INstalling a remote start in a Base 2012 v6 please post them

I work at best buy and do hundreds of remote starts..this car happens to be very easy compared to others out there...there are 5 wires at the column you need to grab 1. Ignition 2. Accessory 3. Starter wire (might have to cut for an alarm) the last 2 are data wires ...tx and rx wires ...these get tied into with an immobilizer bypass unit ..at my shop we use one made by audiovox model FLCan ..next you need to grab some wires at the bcm located in the passenger kick panel ..they are the lock, unlock, arm, disarm ( only if you have a factory alarm) parking lights brake shutdown horn trigger (if there is no siren with your equipment), trunk release, ground and 12 volt constant ...sounds like a lot but most of the wires are located within a few feet...I have some pics I took when I dd my 2011 gt 6 speed install with the viper 5901 and FLCan bypass..when. Find them I will send them to you with a diagram for the install