Removed my intake...no wonder the car was having issues! (DUW)

Linz

"I Love Seamen"
Founding Member
Jul 24, 2001
Northern Virginia
Well, lets see, I've had my fox for at least 3 years, and for about 2 of those years, my car has just sat in my driveway. I did stuff to it here and there, swapping the trans to a 3550 and changing the radiator and plugs etc. and rewiring the whole car, but all in all, nothing to major, just a fun project to work on when I felt the need.
Anyways, I noticed that on rare occasions when i DO drive my car, its only pulling 7 inches of vac at idle. Not too awesome. I had my b/f bring home a smoke machine from his work, so we could see if there were any leaks in my intake (which by the cars previous owner was supposedly ported). Well, huge leaks in the intake, so I grabbed a stock one off the performance shop I usually use and went to work taking off the intake. Here are the pics of the stock one sitting next to the POS one that was on the car... no wonder I was having issues! The heads were slightly touched as well.
The people apparantly took a dremel tool and just went to town. In fact, there's even a hole that they apoxied!!!
IMG_3052.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_3057.jpg

IMG_3058.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3052.jpg
    IMG_3052.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3053.jpg
    IMG_3053.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3056.jpg
    IMG_3056.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3057.jpg
    IMG_3057.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3058.jpg
    IMG_3058.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3061.jpg
    IMG_3061.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 69
  • Sponsors (?)

Something with this thread is super screwed up.

Each time I try to visit this thread, the images don't display. Doesn't matter how long I wait, it's just stalled.

Here's the screwy part:

After coming in this thread no images are displayed in any internet window that I open for the internet. This includes image shack. I have to clear the cookies, close all internet windows, then reopen I.E. in order for images to display again. All works fine until comineg back to this thread.

There seems to be malicious code someplace. I'm thinking it may be coming from the site that's hosting the images. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Gonna try Mozilla and see what happens.

Dag's I can see the images also. The intake looks horrible... It looks like a die grinder was used on the top of the lower part of the intake ports. I bet there is less than 1mm of wall stock between the stock (Ported) ports.

TMOSS should save these photos and create a "things to not do" section on his site for people to look at before they try home porting an intake.

Here at work, I can see the images just fine. Must be something buggy still going on with my ISP. It's been going up and down for the last couple of weeks.

Intake looks great! I don't see a problem. :D

Oh

my

God

Lord......... That is seriously HORRIBLE!! What the **** were these IDIOTS thinking??????? Did they think it would run good like that????????? LMAO! It looks as if they are using a Felpro 1250 (big port) intake gasket too... How do the heads look??? You can get a used set on Ebay for basically free plus shipping. Man, that's BAD... :nonono: