removing a rounded or stripped nut

• Sponsors (?)

Craftsman does sell a tool that will remove rounded nuts,sorry I cant remember what its called but Sears should know,Maybe if you can get them to lock down on the nut,use a good pair of vise grips...I know they saved me more than I can count.Good Luck.Also if you can get to the head of the bolt maybe an ease out would work,drill into the head,then put the ease out in and use a wrench to back out the bolt with the vise grips holding the nut from moving,could work maybe.

I can't remember the name, but you can get them at most auto parts stores. They are kind of like a socket with reverse threads that cut into the sides of the nut and grip it as you loosen it. I got a set at advanced auto a couple of weeks ago.

Here is the kit I used. I think it was like $25 Make sure you get the metric.
51N7EFNSJ5L._SS500_.jpg

yup thats similar to craftsman,but with craftsman you ever break it,just take it to the tool counter and free replacement no questions asked,I just did about $200 worth of broken tools,set them on the counter and he said come back in about an hour,gotta love that.Im hard on tools...they can only take so much when they start flyin....lol.