Removing parking/headlight switch on 65 coupe?

csxfbird

Jun 12, 2004
I just finished installing an alarm on my 65 coupe, the only thing I have left is to connect the parking light flash. The one wire i've found coming off the fusebox only activates the rear lights, so now I have to get the wire coming off the switch. Does anyone know how to remove it so I can get to those wires? I messed with it a bit but don't want to break anything, so I figured i'd try asking first. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

reach around the back of the dash and you will feel a button, pull the knob out to turn the headlights on, then push that button, and the knob will come right out. then you can unscrew the chrome nut that holds the switch in. SOme times you have to jiggle the knob while your pushing the button.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot in the morning. Damn Seattle rain just started again, so I'll have to put it off till it stops. :( Is the button located on back of the actual switch itself? I reached back there and felt the little gear that moves when you turn the dimmer, but I didn't feel any buttons.

I just took mine off and Its easier if you take off or just pull out the instrument cluster! But you can do it with the cluster still in! Just reach up under the dash and feel for the switch and on the side you'll feel a little button, push it in and pull the knob out! You might have to pull and turn at the same time! Good Luck

Ok, got the knob out, but how do I unscrew the chrome nut that holds it in? I'm not even sure if it's in front or behind the switch. I looked through the service manuals, and it says to unscrew the bezel nut. Is it the chrome ring on the front of the instrument panel?