Repair car body or replace?

As was made known in tech, I have a new turbo motor. The restoration is going along nicely, all that is left is balancing, new piston rings, and cleaning up/replacing all the non block components.

The problem comes with my car itself. I bought it damaged, but I planned on fixing it later so no big deal. I want to do a manual transmission swap into the car because that a4ld is utter crap, probably gonna die soon anyway.

So I find myself at sort of a crossroads. Which is more cost effective, repairing, repainting, and swapping a manual into my existing car, or just buy a donor car with a manual in it already in better condition and work with it from there?

Things my current car needs:
- Hit to left front between bumper and fender, headlight sticks out slightly.
- Large dent in roof (more like a very shallow bowl, about 3/4" deep at center, appx. 20 inches across)
- Left Tail light needs to be replaced
- Left rear shock absorber needs to be remounted (the bolt is loose and the already over elongated "hole" for it is rusted
- Various dings in add places
- Needs to be repainted
- Trim needs to be replaced/removed.
- Underside of car needs some help
- Needs a manual transmission

Given that, would it be better to just look for a car without engine that has less work needed on it? Also, I'm looking for a car that handles very well, would I be better off doing a buildup on an XR4TI, or will the Fox platform perform? Before I go too far in any direction with it, I wanna get some feedback, because it would suck to dump 1-2k on a car that I don't really like.

• Sponsors (?)