replaced voltage regulator; still no juice

update:

it's mostly been sitting there, as the van interrupted by acting up and took priority.

I had a failed attempt to use an autozone alternator. What they sent didn't even mount in the right plane! So I contacted them, and they crosshipped other of the same wrong part (I think it fits a Honda). That's returned, but I still have the second one because their computer won't acknowledge that iu have it to send back (it didn't charge me). But I'm sure not getting a Honda . . .

I found a local shop that could rebuild for $100.

He looked at it kind of funny--this isn't a 3g that belonged in a mustang; the plugs were in the wrong place. He took it as a core (or maybe a curiosity), and handed me the right one over the counter for my $100. The difference in location explains the strained wires (well, *those* strained wires).

[and they now know me by name when I come in; the following few days involved an alternator and compressor for the van {I told you it acted up!}].

So it's in and spins, but no voltage.

I've I've ingested the above properly, the lg/rd wire on pin 1 should go hot when the ignition is turned on? (and even before running the starter, merely by being at ON?) I'll go out to check in the morning [it's just too hot in the desert sun when it isn't in the shade from the mesquite!

I figure that I'll test that pin, and then with the sharp probe, work my way back up the harness as far as I can, looking for a hot spot to tap.

• Sponsors (?)