Replacement Seat Foam

Stork65

Jul 7, 2021
South Carolina
Has anyone replaced the original seat cushions in a 66 coupe? Trying to keep the original seat design.
Mine has the original burlap/stuffing and needs to be replaced. I have been looking on CJs, NPD and Summit Racing. Trying to find the best deal.
Appreciate any advice and insight for the work ahead of me. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Yep ,just buy the new foam kit ,you can usually get the burlap at a hard ware store . Get the hog ring tool and rings when you get the uhlpostery kit . National parts depot will have it all . If you have never done this it is a bit tough to do but you can look it up on google .

Reactions: 1 user
Yep ,just buy the new foam kit ,you can usually get the burlap at a hard ware store . Get the hog ring tool and rings when you get the uhlpostery kit . National parts depot will have it all . If you have never done this it is a bit tough to do but you can look it up on google .
Whoever restored the interior took the easy way out and just did the upholstery, so I plan to reuse that.
I saw a few videos that show how to do it. Will take some time.

Which foam kit did you end up going with?

Rick at NPD suggested that ACI(American Cushion Industries) has the best seat foam available, even when using it with TMI upholstery...but I would call and ask him yourself. This is on my to-do list so I do not yet have personal experience to speak from, but Rick knows the parts he sells

Reactions: 1 user