Replacing Motor Mounts .. hardware question

DTNODYA

Dec 15, 2005
I am replacing my motor mounts on my 98gt .. I just tackled the starter and man that thing was a complete biaatch! But I finally got it off. Moving on to the mounts, I was reading where the service manual says that any self locking nuts/bolts need to be replaced. So do I need all new nuts/bolts? If so, do I just get them from the dealer? Can I re-use any/all of them? If anyone can clarify this for me I'd appreciate it.

• Sponsors (?)

I am replacing my motor mounts on my 98gt .. I just tackled the starter and man that thing was a complete biaatch! But I finally got it off. Moving on to the mounts, I was reading where the service manual says that any self locking nuts/bolts need to be replaced. So do I need all new nuts/bolts? If so, do I just get them from the dealer? Can I re-use any/all of them? If anyone can clarify this for me I'd appreciate it.

you can re-use your hardware, if you want new it can be gotten from any Ford dealer. did you buy oem or aftermarket mounts, as Ford has an improved (stronger) engine mounts aval.

you can re-use your hardware, if you want new it can be gotten from any Ford dealer. did you buy oem or aftermarket mounts, as Ford has an improved (stronger) engine mounts aval.

I got OEM's from the dealer ... They were like $70 or so for both of them. I don't know if I got the stronger ones or what but I was just surprised that the dealer had them. They only had two and only dealer around had them in stock. I am moving next week and am trying to use my parents garage as long as I can :D .

Do I just ask for the motor mount hardware or will I have to buy each bolt/nut individually. I only want a couple new ones (for the side that was really shot). All of the bolts/nuts on the right side mount were loose and they look worn as crap. Thx.

yeah, just go back to the dealer for the hardware, now I think some of the stuff might be multy-pak, so they may make you buy the whole bag, not just 1 bolt/nut
if you need part #'s or diam on these, let me know

now the better/improved engine mounts are part #'s XR3Z-6038-DA & XR3Z-6038-DB