• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Replacing stock clutch quadrant

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ayden
  • Start date Start date Mar 28, 2025
A

Ayden

New Member
Jul 24, 2024
5
0
1
Northern Cambria
Mar 28, 2025
#1
  • Mar 28, 2025
  • #1
Im replacing the clutch quadrant and adjuster with a billet aluminum piece but the adjuster doesn’t have enough room before hitting into metal and I have tried many different ways to get it off. How did anyone get this piece out
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8970.webp
    71 KB · Views: 114

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,162
4,254
183
Claremore, OK
Mar 28, 2025
#2
  • Mar 28, 2025
  • #2
Man I want to say I had to use a hacksaw blade and cut it out.
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,059
10,683
213
polk county florida
Mar 28, 2025
#3
  • Mar 28, 2025
  • #3
Yeah, I had to bust up mine to get it out too.
 

Kabuki_notch

Founding Member
Nov 19, 2001
670
394
113
Rochester, NY
Mar 28, 2025
#4
  • Mar 28, 2025
  • #4
I think i recall using a heavy duty flat head and chiseling it off
 
A

Ayden

New Member
Jul 24, 2024
5
0
1
Northern Cambria
Mar 29, 2025
#5
  • Mar 29, 2025
  • #5
Kabuki_notch said:
I think i recall using a heavy duty flat head and chiseling it off
Click to expand...
How did you get the aluminum bracket on after? I’m having a hell of a time getting it on. I got the back and front on but they won’t slide the rest of the way.
 

Kabuki_notch

Founding Member
Nov 19, 2001
670
394
113
Rochester, NY
Mar 31, 2025
#6
  • Mar 31, 2025
  • #6
Ayden said:
How did you get the aluminum bracket on after? I’m having a hell of a time getting it on. I got the back and front on but they won’t slide the rest of the way.
Click to expand...
should just slide on, check this video around the 2:30 mark, credit to LMR

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy1QDgg-fVY


should only need to go on far enough to put in the 2 cotter pins
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Drivetrain Broken clutch cable- what it looks like
  • JulianR
  • Aug 6, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
642
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 10, 2026
gkomo
N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
474
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 26, 2026
fasterthangas
F
S
  • Locked
Drivetrain Adjustable clutch cable questions
  • Scott_S
  • Oct 31, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
502
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Oct 31, 2025
Noobz347
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
360
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
S
Need a clutch, 1982 Capri RS 5.0 owner, am I allowed to participate?
  • scudzuki
  • Apr 4, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
9
Views
646
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 7, 2025
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?