Resonator delete

• Sponsors (?)

For what it's worth, they've changed their stance on modifications, to a point. Before, it was something like, if we can tell you've played with the car, we can deny everything. Now, it's somewhat along the lines of, sure, you've got a CAI, but your trunk leaking is probably not related to it, so they'll cover the replacement without much of a question. Now if you blow the transmission, and they see rubber all along the side, CAI, and Longtubes, they may have sufficient evidence for their denial, as its early demise might not be a manufacturing issue, but your misuse and perhaps misconfig/mistune.

Reactions: 1 user
For what it's worth, they've changed their stance on modifications, to a point. Before, it was something like, if we can tell you've played with the car, we can deny everything. Now, it's somewhat along the lines of, sure, you've got a CAI, but your trunk leaking is probably not related to it, so they'll cover the replacement without much of a question. Now if you blow the transmission, and they see rubber all along the side, CAI, and Longtubes, they may have sufficient evidence for their denial, as its early demise might not be a manufacturing issue, but your misuse and perhaps misconfig/mistune.
I agree, that’s why I haven’t deleted it because you never know what BS the dealer will say just to void the warranty. Thanks man

That said, don't let that prevent you from rocking your car out. Last time I brought my 19 in for some routine maintenance with an aftermarket tow hook on the front, Performance Pack 6 Piston brake upgrade, the FRPP Track Pack, and loads of rubber up and down the side. Tons of excited questions from the Service Manager and the Techs.

The Magnusson-Moss Act won't let them void your warranty unless they can prove your modification caused the problem. That doesn't mean they won't try to make you think that. It kept all manufacturers from forcing you to use their replacement parts.

Reactions: 1 user