Resto question

I received some parts in the mail today for the 66' and have a few questions:

1) I bought a new gas pedal and spring and was curious what bolt is required to mount it to the rod and how do I route the spring?

2) Got a new cowl seal installed and at the end where there are the 2 little holes, what goes in there? I had planned on just using weather strip adhesive on it to hold it in place.
 
New gas pedal and spring. THe spring is for the pedal right? You need a special bolt for it to work right. You can run a machine screw in there to hold the pedal on, but will work way beter if you order that special screw. THe spring fitment is tough to describe. Probably will not work well without the right screw.
THere are suppoed to be two little "L" brackets to hold the ends of the hood to cowl seal in place. One on each side. L bracket goes on top of the weatherstrip, and then sheet metal screws go thru the bracket, thru the weatherstrip, and into the cowl.