Retrofit s197 to 68 fastback, worth it?

Should i convert my 08 mustang to 68 fastback ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
do y’all think it’s worth to convert 08 mustang gt to 68 mustang fastback? Or better off gettin 68 coupe and convert it to fastback? I’m honestly more used to 4.6 than 289/302 since i daily drive p71 crown vic, so i can definitely rely on 4.6 stangs, however I’m not used to 289/302 classic lines since i never owned one before so I’m sure in term of maintenance. I love 68 fastback more than anything tho what’s y’all thought?

• Sponsors (?)

Unless you have skills, I think you will end up with two junk cars.
I do not know your abilities yet, so that may be overly dire.
How about upgrading a 68 Dynacorn body with a mod motor and suspension upgrades? There is a member who does coupe to fast back conversions you need to read his threads on to see if you are up to doing it right.

I think i mistyped
Unless you have skills, I think you will end up with two junk cars.
I do not know your abilities yet, so that may be overly dire.
How about upgrading a 68 Dynacorn body with a mod motor and suspension upgrades? There is a member who does coupe to fast back conversions you need to read his threads on to see if you are up to doing it right.
i think i mistyped it, i was planning to inquire the conversion to retrobuilt, not by myself. But I’m still hesitating if it worths 50k to make my 08 classy since even body parts are all customized and NOT compatible with original fastbacks. And windshield compatibility is also a question in case it cracks one day since i will be keeping for 30~50 yrs if I decide this project.

do y’all think it’s worth to convert 08 mustang gt to 68 mustang fastback? Or better off gettin 68 coupe and convert it to fastback? I’m honestly more used to 4.6 than 289/302 since i daily drive p71 crown vic, so i can definitely rely on 4.6 stangs, however I’m not used to 289/302 classic lines since i never owned one before so I’m sure in term of maintenance. I love 68 fastback more than anything tho what’s y’all thought?

Get a cheap 65-69 coupe, convert it to a fastback using Dynacorn body panels, delete the strut towers, and drop a Coyote 5.0 in it.

Reactions: 1 users