Returning to Mustang Herd...

Todd Roberts

Mar 18, 2012
Chicagoland
Just joined the forum because I'm contemplating purchasing a 2000 Mustang V6. The last Mustang I owned was a 1977 Mustang Mach I, V6, w/ 4spd. and dual exhaust (see avatar). Lots of fun as a kid and now my Daughter, who is a new driver, loves Mustangs...so here we go.

I would be interested in hearing about the pro's and con's of this car particularly the 2000 model year with a v6 ( Hopefully it is a little more sprited than my 1977). I'm pretty handy with a wrench so I'm not afraid of tackling just about anything. The car has 150K miles on it, it has an automatic transmission and its a convertable.

Known issues with this particular car as identified by seller:
Starter is intermitent
Shifting cable needs to be replaced
Everything else is reported to be in good working condition aside.
Exterior condition of vehicle is typical for a 12 year old urban car, a couple of bumper scapes and a couple surface rust spots on winshield frame above the windsheild.

I would greatly appreciate any comments and recommendations.
TR

• Sponsors (?)

If you want a V6 Mustang with any power you have to go with 2011 and up. But, like LAVA said, if it's for your daughter and she's a new driver it'll be a good starter car and a good looking one too. The V6 Mustangs are pretty damn unreliable too though, while V8's last forever.