Reverse Glow Gauge Inserts

ronstang94

May 10, 2007
Phx, AZ
Has anybody bought or seen the reverse glow gauge inserts from American Muscle?

I have been designing and making my own custom gauge faces, and I have been looking at electroluminescent glow panels (el glow panels) to backlight the gauge faces that I am making. It looks like it will cost at least $60 for just the el glow panels.

Well.. American Muscle has a great deal on their reverse glow gauge inserts right now, only $20.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustang-gauges-9495.html

So I am wondering if I buy these, will I be able to remove their gauge faces from the backlighting? Then I can use the inexpensive and already cut to shape el glow backlighting with the gauge faces that I am making?

Also, what color light is the panel itself. I am hoping it is white, and I think it is, otherwise the red bits probably wouldn't look right if they are illuminated with a blue/green backlight.

• Sponsors (?)

The gauge inserts glow a bright light-blue. I don't think it would be very easy to separate the gauge faces from the back-light, though I didn't try (they're not separate pieces but adhered together). $20 is a heck of a good deal, bought mine when they were full price a few years ago.

Reactions: 1 user