Reverse Lights Not Working

bear108

Founding Member
Aug 26, 2002
Pa
I have a 92 LX 5.0. Reverse lights are not working. I have checked all the wiring and still with no luck. The big wire harness under the left side of drivers dash, I have found the power feed wire for the lights. If I unplug the harness and use a test light I have poewer in the fuse box side of the harness. As soon as I plug in the harness, nothing. The only thing I can think of is the two prong switch on the side of the tranny. Would I be right in thinking this? If so, Are they costly? I replaced my tranny( 5-speed) a few years back and still have my old tranny. Is it worth using that one or is it best to just get a new switch? Thank you all ahead oif time that can help me!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Check the switch on the tranny, they have a habit of going bad. They are on the driver's side about halfway up. Will have a wire harness going to it and what looks like two prongs

Yes, I checked the bulbs and they are both good. First place I started. OK then, time for a new switch. Last question for anyone, Can I get this at any parts store or is it best to get the part from Ford? The tranny I put in a few years ago, is one of the heavy duty T5. It does say on the side of the tranny, Tremec. Not sure if they make this one or not. Doesn't really matter though. Thanks again for all the help!

Tremec 3550/TKO & T5 both use the same switch. I didn't have any success with the local auto parts store, but it should be OK if they carry it.