rim confusion ,5 spoke gray center wheels

ddeennis

May 2, 2011
hey I am trying to find out where this rim came from.

I have a 2002 mustang gt with gray 5 spoke wheels and I had to replace one of them and my rims have the grainy texture on the spoke, they are painted and clear coated and appear factory.

I bought another rim off ebay that said oem factory 17" looked just like mine on the car. When I got it. the center spokes are smooth and painted same color as mine. So which ones are factory?. are they both factory? from different years?

link to pic of what i'm talking about.

http://www.musclecardrive.com/images/specs_pics/2002-ford-mustang2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

the problem is that wheel you pictured is from an 05 up mustang, different wheel altogether, if you look closer the spokes are flatter and wider than the older wheels. you want wheels specific to your model year

Yes those, the whell you pictured, appear to be S197 (05+) 17" anthracite bulllitt style rims. Probably like 7" wide hehe :rlaugh:

The center the caps look like they, the ones you pictured, are from a V6, maybe the GT's came with a different logo?

Being the owner of an '01 Bullitt for 9 years (traded for current ride), they look like the stock "Bullitt" rims I had. You can get them almost anywhere, Craigslist, Ebay, etc. They are probably as cheap as $50 dollars by now. I gave the original set off my Bullitt to a friend at work...I was being charitable. :)